Let’s make a simple and delicious potato and apple salad sometimes you just want to eat light, we will use 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise in the mix but you can also opt to use thick yoghurt if you wish and make it super healthy.
What you will need:
- 6-7 Irish potatoes, boiled with the skin
- 2 apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
What to do:
- Cut the apples into quarters, trim the centre of the apple and cut it into some rough cubes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice onto the apples. This will prevent apples from oxidising and browning.
ALSO READ: Easy recipe: Easy chicken mandhi rice
- Cut your boiled potatoes into cubes. Remember you don’t want to peel the skin because it gives the potatoes a nice colour and texture.
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes with the apples. Add the salt, black pepper and paprika and give it a good mix.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of mayonnaise. Chop some coriander on the side then sprinkle it on top. Add the raisins then using two tablespoons, toss the salad together, ensuring you mix well.
- You are ready to serve your apple and potato salad. This is a light meal that can be eaten on its own.
TIP: For a healthier option, use yoghurt instead of mayonnaise.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.