Other artists topping the Boomplay lists include Willy Paul, Nyashinski, King Kaka, Khaligraph Jones and many more
And Boomplay had some data to share!
Boomplay, the top music streaming service in Africa, with over 5.3M listeners from Kenya. According to Boomplay’s Kenya Music Fact sheet, Willy Paul is the ‘Most Streamed Artiste’ in Kenya. The fact sheet also shows that Nyashinski, Sauti Sol, Masauti and Nadia Mukami, followed closely at number 2 to 5 respectively.
Additionally, King Kaka, Khaligraph Jones, Evelyn Wanjiru, Arrow Boy and Ethic Entertainment, also joined the list of Kenya’s Top 10 Trending and Most Listened to Artistes in 2019.
Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153
Boomplay also collected data for the Most Streamed Songs as well as Albums. They rank as follows.
Top 10 most streamed Kenyan songs
- Willy Paul feat. Tanzania’s Rayvanny – “Mmmh”
- Masauti – “Ipepete”
- Arrow Boy feat. Nadia Mukami – “Radio Love”
- Moji Shortbabaa feat Jabidii – “Vimbada”
- Gloria Muliro – “Narudisha”
- Nyashinski – “Marathon Runner”
- Ethic Entertainment – “Pandana”
- Nyashinski – “Mungu Pekee”
- Evelyn Wanjiru – “Mungu Mkuu”
- Nyashinski – “Free”
Top 10 most streamed Kenyan albums
- H_art the Band – Made in the Streets
- King Kaka – Eastlando Royalty
- Evelyn Wanjiru – Mungu Mkuu
- Arrow Bwoy – Hatua
- Sauti Sol – Afrikan Sauce
- Emmy Kosgei – Best of Emmy Kosgei
- Khaligraph Jones – Testimony 1990
- Kagwe Mungai – Spectrum
- Esir – Nimefika
- Moji Shortbabaa – Yesu Mtaani
The data and charts presented in the Music Facts sheet are based on data from the music app, which has over 60M+ users globally. Boomplay also boasts of an expansive catalogue of over 20M tracks and is available on iOS, Android and web.
Tell Us What You Think